Monday, July 20, 2009

Let Go and Let God!

Have you ever heard the phrase..."Let go and let God"? Easier said than done. How do you even know if you are holding on to something?



My answer would be anxiety! Do you find that when you pray, you are anxious? There are times when I do feel anxious. I want God to take care of the situation NOW, and I get worried that things are not going to turn out as I plan. I'm anxious! I'm holding on to my problems.



However, I find that when I'm praying and I notice that anxiety, I have to let go. I do that by transforming my anxiety to sorrow. I'm sorrowful that life is not always as I had hoped. I'm sorrowful that all my dreams have not come true. I'm sad...not depressed, just sad.



When I transform my anxiety to sorrow I know that I have given it over to God, and at that moment I can unite my sorrow with that of Jesus on the cross. And I also know that I have fully laid it at His feet. At that moment, Jesus has total control and can start to work miracles in my life. At that moment, I have Let Go and Let God!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very insightful. When you transform anxiety into sadness, it is then that you can unite with Christ's suffering. What a wonderful idea to think about, especially during the season of advent when most women plan and plan for a "perfect" Christmas and have to face the subsequent anxiety it involves. Thanks Marna!

Alyssa Jean said...

Thanks Aunt Marna. That was really nice :) miss you...